The quickest we have ever sold a dealership was one week. The longest was over two years. If a dealership is market priced with a desirable franchise and in a good market, we would hope that from its listing to closing would be within a six month time frame.
Items that contribute to the sale and closing time:
- Pricing must be market priced and reasonable for the franchise and market.
- Price it too high and you run off the qualified buyers.
- Price it too low and money left on the table will never come back to you.
- Preparation of the dealership for sale.
- You detail your used cars before offering them for sale. You should do the same with your dealership.
- Financial documents, factory reports, and all other documentation should be available and accurate.
- Utilize your Broker to provide third party negotiation allowing you to remain above the fray.